Thursday, August 18, 2005

Saved

It's been a long day.

Since 3 p.m., I've had a poem ringing in my head, rolling on the tip of my tongue. Inspired by an inspiration, born from a moment of gold -- this rhyme toyed with my lips as it did tease my mind. Always I found a feeling in my gut driving me closer and closer to something definite, only to back away just before its revelation. Such suspense...

Since 3 p.m., I can't stop smiling.

Out of your words, another poem was inspired. Out of you, a soul has found a peace to miss. Because it's you, I'm sure this smile will stay.

Since 3 p.m., I've been unable to log onto CORS. Good god, it's only tutorial balloting man!

Since 3 p.m., I've been moving around from Science to SRC, to NTU, back to home and then to Raffles Place. Finally, at midnight, I stepped onto my front porch to the greeting of two other furrballs. I'm glad they never forget their kind. Though sleepy, their acknowledgement of my home-coming is still nonetheless heart-warming. Wagging tails and whiny slumps was their symphony, and my hands their conductor.

It's good to finally get home. It's good to finally feel home again.



JKLM

No comments: