Saturday, August 20, 2005

Echo (Part 1)

There's been a rhyme on my lips, a song on my tongue... playing and playing over and over again. This poem has been almost a week in the making, refining itself and redefining itself in unimaginable ways, through most unexpected ways. Thank you for the little things and making everything feel so perfect.

I guess I'm learning how to dance again. There's a music in my soul now that plays so subtly and so strongly. Feels just like it should. When was the last time you slow danced? When will the next time be?

What flows from my fingertips now are no longer words, but a sort of contemplative silence -- an echo of music sneaks down my hallways, stealing through the dark. Those snapshots of images, those feelings frozen in time; these moments are silent, but filled... I can't even begin to lock them down in these clumsy shapes of black on white.

My senses seem ablaze tonight... Been down to Spotlight at PS. Picked up and dusted off ideas, revived some freeze-dried inspiration and tickled my senses. Time to get cracking at some ideas I've hatched this afternoon.

I'll miss the twilights.


JKLM

No comments: