Monday, July 25, 2005

Feelings (1)

There's a unique feeling that sweeps over me whenever I hear Diana-man-killer-Krall's "S'wonderful". It's a bit like a very sensual audio massage... Her crooning just eases my mind and tickles my fantasies. Next stop, lala-land.

It's strange that there's a consistently recurring image that comes to mind with that song: a flowly ballroom skirt, a confident smile, a strong hand and intense eyes. In a split-second, I see L and myself entwined once more in our innocence, waltzing to each other while complementing the humm of a cello. Pay no mind to the music -- we were made for the moment.

And a moment it was; as gracefully as this image had strut into my mind, with a flutter of giggles and velvet, it is gone again.

----------------------

I'm a die-hard romantic. Was, am and probably will be for a while. The way it's been going for me though, just makes me feel like a sucker for pain. Which is quite true, if you think of it in anoher light.

Strong images and their harem of feelings seldom leave me unconquered. They frequent find opportunities to recurr by tagging themselves to significant / common events. This theory leads me to wonder if I'm actually just a walking-self-fulfilling-prophecy; if you believe in choice, then I guess you'll get what I mean.

-----------------------

Needless to say, I'm at odds with myself on the very sensual pieces of music that sit within my laptop. The monsters around my dark corners still lurk somewhere... waiting for the trigger to jump.

Don't believe in monsters? Ah well, some feelings are just hard to ignore.



JKLM

No comments: