Sunday, July 10, 2005

Attachment

He who binds to himself to Joy,
Does the winged life destroy;
He who kisses the Joy as it flies,
Lives in Eternity’s sunrise.

~~WILLIAM BLAKE

Attachment is a strange and enigmatic thing. It seems to manifest itself in many many forms, reflecting insecurities and preying on our weaknesses. So says the cynic in me. I just think that it's strange how we can repetitively perform certain tasks daily to the extent that we may no longer be aware, yet they can be the most unimportant things in life. I mean, if it's important, shouldn't we be doing it more often?

Hmmm....

Seems like my mind is still suffering the after-effects of a long workweek and a completed charity walk. :) It's been a while since I last camped out in the open and spent some time interacting with my fellow scouting brothers. I'm glad that we had this opportunity to render some help to the Autism Resource Centre, Pathlight Special School and Rainbow Centre -- all for a simple walkathon to raise funds for autistic children.

There was a strange familiarity in the air of that Saturday morning. Felt just like the ones I used to spend with my Scout Unit back in my school days.


JKLM

No comments: