Saturday, September 17, 2005

A Profile of Rain

Wind; a breath, a sigh, a whisper.

It's been a while since the words had rhymed for me. The sights around me still hold the same vivid enchantment, but I simply haven't found the time to capture all the angels and devils that prance across my dreamscape. On some days, I'm almost desperate to rhyme, fearing that each moment of pause will foretell the coming end of this poetry. On other days, I drown in the torrent of thoughts that flow forth from a spring, somewhere deep inside.

As I steady my hands to complete this work, I can't help but wonder... have i got the colours wrong? If a picture is supposed to say a thousand words, I'm sure I don't have much to say with this abomination my hands have created; seems like it will take more than inspiration to guide these hands of mine. Time to start over on this one... I just can't seem to get it right tonight.

Rain; a storm, a forgiveness, a redeemer.

And so it came to pass, finally, on a hot Saturday afternoon. Closure; a rite of passage through tears, words, music and poetry. This must have been the longest week he has come to experience. This must also have been the longest week she has come to experience. Together through it all, any storm will pass. And the sun shall shine again -- even (care)bears need a little sunshine sometime.

Remember how you described the rain that follows each storm? Washing away all the destruction and covering up all that is ugly? Well, it's raining now -- a gentle, subtle dampness that soothes. And indeed while we drove down the highway this afternoon, through the stubborn dark clouds broke a smile. It's been a while since a smile had warmed that face and that heart.

We understand that loss of such a nature will never be easy to deal with. Your state throughout these days had not only shown us a different side to the gem of you, but it has also reinforced our respect for you. Inspite of it all, you have done what was needed and what was right. We all hope that you can finally find some closure and rest.


Your simple request, my twilight fascination...

"My music, my soul
Our mysteries untold
From white to gold
Let these dreams unfold"

Perhaps a simple resolution will find you in time. Till then, keep the music alive.


I've run out of words tonight... I'll continue this some time soon.

JKLM

No comments: