Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Mesmerising Elephunkyshoppaholophotopeanutslut

While trying to sort myself out in the field of philosophy, I decided to try my hands at interpreting a song. I guess I'm in a poopy mood again. Ah... sweet melancholy.


I've got more questions... More things to write about, but insufficient time and insufficient rhyme.

Step by step, I'll put them down. Selfishly immortalising every bronze, gold and silver in mind; carelessly spilling them over this digital canvas. Perhaps one day, I would finally be able to catch them all.

No, I couldn't possibly. No, I don't think I should. While this poetry of life won't ever rhyme itself out... I'm always gonna worry about the things that could choke my senses, numb my mind and rob me of these vivid memories.

You, you are my inspiration. You keep me moving on to find the next moment of brilliance. My motivation is a storming cocktail of fear, ideals and passion. Yes, I'm scared -- to loose this spark, to loose you and to loose it all. At the same time, I'm scared of that there may be no room for all these things things that I greedily and willingly devour. Gentle yet firm... this is when your eyes steady me. "Slowly; there's still time." Yes, there's still time; as long as there's you, I'm sure there'll still be time.

-----------------------------------------

Storms at Sunrise

there once was a time
when all i knew was this place inside
this place where i could hide
safe in the familiar darkness, away in the night

where have these hands led me
when will this love save me
storms at sunrise have drowned my eyes
and filled my skies

how subtly the white melts within
but will I ever see
the light of you that shines on me
how calmly the black fades between
will we ever learn to fall
through it all
I'm always gonna worry about the things that could make us cold

just like I remember
the winds on my skin still feel as tender
can you feel the chatter of raindrops on your face?
a storming sweetness, a memory to taste - to heal

how brightly your white still flows
could you dance again
and bring back to these skies a flame
how quickly the black will thenretreat
and then I will see
here with me
I never needed to worry about the things that could break us

and I shall give in -- give it all
just so
these clouds could part -- for once
cause through the wind I smell the warmth
of a rain that will come
that could bring us home

you know that where we roam
only these storms at your sunrise will bring us home

-------------------------------------------

JKLM

No comments: