Sunday, February 12, 2006

Yoga

Control.

Breathing.

Life.

Asanas.

Balance

~ YOGA.

I never knew that moving my body through simple movements with calm control and breathing can be so refreshing! In fact, a short yoga session of about 3o mins made me acutely aware of the motion of my own limbs -- how heavy they are and how I've neglected them all this while. While I enslaved my muscles in pursuit of my sporting desires, it is their turn now to enslave me in my body's natural pursuit of balance.

A little yoga a day; a small step towards balance and greater self-control and awareness everyday. I guess it may be a good thing too that my father's temporary absence has forced my brother and I into adopting an unlikely schedule -- early mornings and regular walks outdoors with the dogs. Nothing like an imposed routine to break another.

With a piece of paper, my father is now onboard a plane bound for Christchurch. With another piece of paper, you made me smile. Won't you come fly with me someday?


JKLM

No comments: