Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Other End Of The Sheets

She likes chasing fire flies
Insists that she is shy
She'll wake at seven just so to stay in bed

She can't seem to sit down still
Eat shellfish until she's ill
She'll say it's hot and then almost catch a chill

She'll never give into her dreams
She'd rather work it out slowly
The rocks and trees she touches
Make more sense than destiny
But she'll throw it all away
Just for me

I like sipping on red wine
Go climbing on a line
Or spend the day curled up to a book instead

I'd jump right into a chance
To make music or to dance
With or without shoes I'd not care what they say

I'd love to lose myself to dreams
And run along with their journeys
I'd rather stay awake
And waste my time instead of sleep
Because this life is
Never what it seems


Like two bright revolving stars
We've travelled oh so far
To spin across the sheets from cheek to cheek

We know it's easy to believe
To draw the lines that don't meet
In time we'll roll from opposite
Ends of the sheet
Then there'll be no need for
Counting silly sheep

No comments: