Thursday, August 06, 2009

Angelic Nothing

My angel said
"It's getting light,"
I wished that somehow
Dawn would come without the night

Before I gave in
Resigned to stay tired
Before I grieved
For prayers unanswered

"Don't say a word
It's alright that we're quiet,"
My angel seemed
To read my mind

"A gift I will give to you
Money and time won't buy
When words, they don't travel
You can give it a try

It's both big, and it's little
It's an end, and a start
It's all, and it's nothing
I give the language of my heart."

My angel's words stitched me
Like silver needles fine
Across my living patch-work
In a bold defiant line

I wanted to say thank you
Wanted to ask why
She should grant me such gift
In spite of my crimes

But alas, my angel flew
With less than a goodbye
She left as she had come
Upon my lonely sigh

No comments: