Monday, June 22, 2009

The Heart

We've always looked to the skies
And to things our eyes cannot see
With hands and borrowed words
We'll try to keep our hearts afloat


But there'll be no startling signs
That fate has finally found me
No thunder breaks above
No holy script to serve


You told me the heart will prove it all
It'll make the sense within
Even as the mountains wear and fall
Let our faith build the bridges in between


Beyond seasons, the time and tide
As wrinkles claw our skin
We'll stand true with our hearts beating alive
Let truth become our guide

But I remember black skies
The night that fell around me
I remember the cold
How my heart began to hurt

I searched with prayers
That you will finally find me
When it all began to blur
Your voice was all I heard

You told me the heart will prove it all
It'll make the sense within
Even reason shall bend and fail
Let the beats build the bridges in between

Beyond seasons, the time and tide
As sands sweep across our skin
We'll stand true with one beating rhyme
And let our hearts be our guide

No comments: