Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Twilinght Song

No Me Ames.

Liquid frustration fall upon silken covers, hidden like icy pins to prck the unwary skin laid down to rest. Muffled protests and grunts of surrender form an unwanted ochestra for the chorus of emotions that rage behind still perfect black pearls. A storm rages over a body huddled, waiting...

=======================

Wind and rain. Winds may rage, but nothing comes close to the flood that rain brings.

The storm has passed, but the flood waters still linger on. No hymn, no rhyme... just the pregnant silence that follows a thunderclap.

The sun still shines, somewhere behind those dark clouds. I know... because I know that it's day and I should rise up again. Now, if only the clouds would part...

=======================

Beneath the crown. Behind the gems. Beyond the opulence.

I might have found someone with another back-riding demon. Just like me.

Swords drawn, eyes narrowed, guards raised.

Oh, for a panecea to rid these ills or a spell to melt these defences, my kingdom I would give. These chains have not been obtained from mistakes made, rather they have been cast unto your soul. How unfair for those who have never seen angels to describe and sculpt their appearances. How unfair it is for those who have felt angels to oblige them through their accounts.

I have.



JKLM

1 comment:

madpoet said...

The lights in the night must have been playing tricks with my eyes. Because I'm sure I could picture a face, refined by age but blissful, as if on the way to some peaceful final destination. Her skin clinging onto her timeless features and making a stubborn stand against time, just like the sparks in her eyes. The ambers still glow fiercely behind those opulent curtains.

Amidst the twilight chorus, my eyes played a trick on me, and made me promise that I would wait for that day.

My dreams have a way of going dejavu on me when I'm not looking. Much of the karma in my life seems to be operating on a full-circle function, just that the cycles just seem to get longer and longer.

Then something from Tears and Rain sang out to me, behind her stormy thunder. "I've lived to see a lover's final breath." I don't know why, but it makes me sad.