Sunday, October 09, 2005

Never Argue with Your Mom (and Dad)

Here's how Sunday night dinner went.

In a hushed tone, over doing the dishes, my mom told me:

"Kiat ah, you know I have a pair of girls that I teach, right? Since secondary school until JC. They also have a brother; I've been teaching him since nursery level."
Uh-huh...
"And, you know, one day I hear from the maid that his parents are very rich. They are so affectionate with their kids that everytime they come back, always 'kiss kiss' one."
......
"Then they are so concerned with making money that their son can do what he likes. The maid caught him watching that type of films, especially when his parents are away on working trips. And he play himself one. Must be something wrong."
................. Ok, erm... why would that be something wrong? It's part of growing up what? (mistake >_<)
"Aiyo, where got normal? People who do this all got something wrong one. Loose control and get addicted then in trouble."
Erm... It's part of growing up, isn't it?
"Ah Kiat, you tell me honestly... Have you ever...?"
If it's in control, does it still matter?
"What doesn't matter? It's wrong to loose control.... Ah Kiat you haven't answer my question."
It doesn't matter.
"What doesn't matter? That means you have, is it? Aiyo, ah Kiat..."
It doesn't matter, whether I did or not, right? I'm in control.
"See lah, you always like that one. You have or not?"
It doesn't matter. It's sometimes hard to discuss these things with you, especially when there's no room for any discussion.
"Where got no discussion?"
How can there be, if we never agree on anything?
"Cannot agree doesn't mean cannot discuss what. There is always a right and wrong."
*thinks* Now how the hell can that be? Would that still be a discussion? Who determines a right and wrong, for that matter?
Like that then no point discussing what -- how can we discuss if there is already a right and wrong? Where is the logic in that?
"Where got don't have? These things are wrong what."
*sigh*

Here's to my wonderful parents. They love me so much that they always think the worst of me.

And here's to Mr. Health Tips 101. Free weekly seminars.

JKLM

No comments: