Sunday, August 14, 2016

Disclosure (Goodbye, My Love)

This is it
A destination
Not one I wanted
But one we deserved


One of many
That could be worse
Or could have been
But life, forced into reverse


I've held back
Not for fear
But in consideration
For both our realities


Yes, you're right
I've not been open
No comedic relief
In the drought of our hardships


My romances
Misunderstood
Rolling off these stone walls
An accident we couldn't avoid


Your mystery
I could not unravel
From perfection, so quickly
A vintage spoilt, rotten


I've made mistakes
Clearly, been unable too
Get what was not given

To see what was well hidden

The final judgement
Served clean and cold
There will be no more chapters
No verbatim; a termination


Turned away
It was complicated, compounded
Who was this for

It was for you; it was for me

Accepting the faults
Perhaps we both did, blinded
By love, but for whom
It was for you; it was for me

No comments: