Monday, November 08, 2010

Earned

Of a heart, though alive
One half alone is cold
The other is to be earned
Said Love, from which I stole

There can be some forgiveness
Your half is yours to keep
This other you must earn
From the lessons that you weep


I'm sorry, my dear
These steps I take now
There's been just too much pain
I've lost it all some how

I believe you love me very much
Maybe in time I'll really know
But when words and actions live divorced
Our love child lay abandoned so

A fresh start is not possible
It scares me when you ask
I remember all our fresh starts before
And how we have taken them to task

How we tore down what we built
How we burned each other with guilt
Angry words and actions spite the soil
That made our love seed wilt

A fight against a gust of wind
An argument with echoes
In back and forth we push and pull
To overcome these woes

Alas you cannot change the tide
Nor stop the sun or rain
I've lost my will to fight
To war against your lovely pain

So I give up, give in
I made my choice to surrender
I confess my crimes to love
And await the lonely hammer

No comments: