Friday, February 15, 2008

On Fire

I long for a touch
The light to put out the night
The whisper that lingers
Between me and the edge

I long for the mystery
A thought that would not leave
A fire burning up slowly
A heart, a willing captive

I pray for one more chance
To be on fire
To breathe this mystery
To be close to Love again

Cos everything I know now
Feels like everything I hate
There’s no truth that I can take
There’s no truce that I can make

I long for you, again
For all the nights you’re near me
For all your mysteries
For all the fire you brought me

I pray for one more chance
To be on fire
To make these verses more than
Empty sounds and empty words

Cos I finally know now
You’re the chance I want to see
You’re the times to truly live
You’re one last chance that I’d take

I’ve been burnt
But I’m still on fire
Whenever I think
When you come around

You and your mysteries
You’re a mystery…
I’m on fire…

---------------------------------------

Its's Valentines Day today, I'm longing to be on fire. Burn me again, won't you?

I know you're lighting up another night somewhere out there.

You're always crazy that way. You're always beautiful that way.

That's why you've always had a way. That's why you're a mystery, at the edge of me.

Burn me again, won't you?

No comments: